1. It takes Nic a long time to come around to God’s way of thinking. What do you think were the most important factors for him?
2. Moira suffers from scars, outward and inward. Which do you think are worse? Why?
3. Moira and Nic are both drawn to their old ways and places where they once found comfort. Have you ever done the same? Discuss why we’re drawn to our old ways, even if we know a
new way is better.
4. How were Moira and Nic’s “prodigal stories” different? And how were they the same?
5. Wealth comes and goes in this series. Both prodigals (Nic and Moira) spend all they inherit, then gain it back in two very different (and sometimes excruciating!) ways. Discuss this factor in their lives—and how it impacts you in your life too.
6. What do you think was the pivotal change moment for Nic?
7. What is it about Sabine that helps Nic get over the threshold to happiness and love?
8. What role did Everett play in doing the same?
9. What was the most moving scene in this book for you? Why?
10. Do you believe that God is calling each of us “home”? What does that look like? Is it internal or external?